BuildingScope™ is a web-based
LCA software tool for easy modeling and interactive analysis of life-cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
and energy use in building construction and operation. BuildingScope™
can be used
to quantify and optimize carbon footprints based on a comprehensive life-cycle
modeling of buildings -- in the design stage, during retrofits of existing
buildings and during operation.
Modeling and Analysis Features
- Energy use and GHG emissions in the construction phase -- including materials, freight transport, energy, and water used to produce modular components, assemblies and entire buildings.
- Carbon emissions and sequestration due to land-use changes, landscaping, and concrete carbonation at the building site.
- Solid waste and wastewater generated during construction and at end of life.
- Energy and water used and wastewater generated during the operational phase of buildings.
- Time-delayed GHG emissions and time-based carbon storage in building life cycles.
- Automatic domestic/international transport distance calculations.
- Powerful hierarchical modeling capability, allowing users to efficiently construct and reuse custom model elements such as material combinations, components, assemblies, etc.
- Includes with an extensive life cycle inventory (LCI) database
covering a broad range of building construction materials, transport models,
energy sources, and domestic/international emission factors (including accurate
electricity emission factors by grid region and country).
BuildingScope™ complies with applicable international standards (ISO 14040 series, PAS 2050, GHG Protocol) for life-cycle assessment and product carbon footprint analysis,
and will comply with other major standards that are in development.
BuildingScope™ is available to subscribers at www.cleanmetrics.net/buildingscope. Please Contact us to arrange a web-based demonstration and to discuss how we can personalize BuildingScope™ for your specific application.
|© Copyright 2007-2011 by CleanMetrics Corp. All rights reserved.
CleanMetrics, CargoScope, CarbonScope, BuildingScope, CarbonScopeData,
FoodCarbonScope, Deep Carbon Footprinting, and MetaFlowScope are trademarks of CleanMetrics Corp.